Foundation 2019 - 2020
Foundation School Closure – 1.6.20 - 15.6.20
I hope that you have all had a lovely half term in the sunshine. I know that lots of you have been playing in your pools. Over the next few weeks I will be at school teaching a group full time and also getting our classroom ready for re-opening on Monday 15th June.
I can’t wait to welcome some of you back to school and start our new topic of SPACE! “To infinity and beyond!” As requested from a few parent’s I have put together some useful documents below to help children transition back to school.
- ‘When you come back to school’ powerpoint.
- Video of classroom.
Those that will be returning back to school you will need to bring:
- A water bottle
- Snacks for breaktimes (if necessary)
- Packed Lunch (if not ordering from school)
- A SMILE 😊
You will NOT need:
- Book bags (unfortunately we will be unable to swap books and write in reading diaries)
- PE Kit/Forest School (I will inform you when your group will be doing PE so that you can come into school wearing your PE kits)
- Toys or equipment from home.
Below are some of the websites that I would also recommend to use over the next few weeks if you are NOT returning to school:
- White Rose Maths: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/ - At school we follow the Whiterose Maths scheme. During school closures and that many children are being home-schooled, Whiterose have produced daily maths lessons on the EYFS Early Learning Goals. There is a short video to watch then followed by an activity. This week the focus book is ‘Supertato’, perfect for our Superhero topic. I would highly recommend that you access this website and follow it each day.
- Teach your monster to read - https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/ This is still a really good app to access with your children. Once they have progressed so far, it will release books for them to read (We have these books at school).
- Oxford reading owl - https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/reading/ - A wide range of online reading books.
- Rising Stars – I have seen that rising stars are doing a 90 day free trial. You can get online books that are phonics and colour banded levels. I am still looking into this and will get back to you as soon as I have worked out how it works.
- Phase 4 Phonics – Some children in the class would be moving on to Phase 4 phonics this term, ready for Year 1. In this phase it is blends and clusters of sounds and also moving onto more sounds in a word instead of CVC as seen in phase 3. I have also attached a phase 4 phonics booklet for the children to work through. At the end there is a wordsearch of phase 4 tricky words.
- BBC Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons - The BBC have also launched daily lessons for all subjects. Although there is no ‘EYFS/Reception’ link, most children will be able to access the Year 1 lessons. They may need adapting; for example Maths will go up to 100 and for some children in foundation they can only do to 20.
- Twinkl: https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ – This is a fantastic website for different activities you can print off to do with your child at home. I know many of you have been using it from the pictures you have been putting onto Tapestry. I have attached a ‘Weekly learning activities pack’ to the file to put you in the direction of different things you could be doing each week, with the resources on the website.
I know that this can be a stressful time and I want to reasure you that we are putting every measure in place to ensure that your child is safe and happy at school when they return. If you have any questions or queries please email me at email@example.com or write me a message on Tapestry.
Stay safe everyone.
Files to Download
Foundation: News items
Foundation: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Foundation: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Foundation: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display